Welcome to the official website of Guangdong Chuangzhi Intellingent Equipment Co.,Ltd.
The function and difference of primer and topcoat in furniture coating production line
In the furniture coating production line process, the furniture must be sprayed twice, one is the primer and the other is the topcoat. So the question is, what are the functions of primer and topcoat? What is the difference between them?
1. The role of primer on furniture coating production line
Before applying the top coat, a good quality primer can be used to enhance the adhesion of the top coat, or achieve the effects of alkali resistance, water resistance, and waterproofing. The main reason is that the primer fills the pores of the wooden furniture while increasing the thickness of the coating film, so that the wooden furniture achieves a certain decorative effect, thereby reducing the amount of topcoat. Primer is the first layer of the paint system. It is used to improve the adhesion of the topcoat, increase the fullness of the topcoat, provide alkali resistance, and provide anti-corrosion functions. At the same time, it can ensure the uniform absorption of the topcoat and maximize the paint system. Good results. It’s very wrong to say that the top coats on the market are of good quality and you don’t need primers, because top coats and primers have different functions. Top coats focus more on the final decoration and appearance, while primers focus on improving adhesion. , Anti-corrosion function, alkali resistance, etc. If the primer is not applied directly as the top coat, it will affect the durability of the paint film and the overall texture, and it will not be able to protect or beautify the painting effect of furniture products.
2. The role of top paint on furniture coating production line
The top coat is the final coat of painting, the last layer applied to the furniture, and the overall effect after spraying is reflected through this layer.
The top coat has high requirements for materials, such as good chroma and brightness, good resistance to external conditions, and necessary hue and decoration, as well as a protective effect on the primer. The top coat used outdoors should be a paint with excellent weather resistance. The decorative effect and weather resistance of the topcoat not only depend on the paint base used, but also have a lot to do with the pigments used and the formulation process.
Decoration function: With the characteristics of color matching, gloss and texture, it can create overall beauty, show one's own style, and improve the appearance value of furniture products.
Protection function: different coating products can provide various functional protections for the home environment. The toughness, hardness, anti-mildew and antibacterial, abrasion resistance, weather resistance, chemical resistance and other characteristics of the coating film have different protections. Features.
Special functions: Coatings can be formulated for special purposes such as different furniture products and areas of use, such as covering cracks, flame retardant, heat preservation, corrosion prevention, rust prevention and other functions.
3. The difference between primer and topcoat for furniture coating production line
(1) The composition of primer and topcoat: the composition of primer: transparent primer=film-forming substance, filler, solvent auxiliary, solid color primer=film-forming substance, pigment, filler, solvent auxiliary, and topcoat: transparent topcoat (varnish) )=Film-forming substance solvent aid solid color topcoat=Film-forming substance opaque pigment solvent aid transparent colored topcoat=transparent topcoat (varnish) Color fine colored sealer=blocker color fine
(2) Performance of primer and topcoat: Primer: Generally divided into two types: sealer, primer sealer: the main function is to seal the substrate, protect the board, and ensure the quality of the coating. Topcoat: The function of topcoat is mainly for decoration and protection. From a functional point of view, the topcoat must have considerable gloss retention, color retention, hardness, adhesion, leveling, etc. This is also the reason why the topcoat does not have good filling and sanding properties. Primer: The main function is to fill the pores, increase the thickness of the coating film, and make the object achieve a certain decorative effect, thereby reducing the amount of topcoat. The primer generally has a certain filling and sanding property, and the solid color primer also has a certain hiding power.
All in all, in the furniture coating production line, the primer must not be less and the topcoat must not be grassy. Primer is a prerequisite for a good finish. The sanding primer is a good excess, and the topcoat should not be hastily. It is necessary to choose a high-quality automatic spray paint machine that saves fuel and trouble to do the surface painting.